Wellbeing for Dogs + Their Humans
The optimum state of wellbeing, for dogs or humans, occurs when all aspects of body, mind and spirit are considered and guided back into equilibrium. When the whole being experiences harmony and balance, Sama is established. This course provides the ideal pathway to creating a Sama Dog: a whole-being balanced dog.
Within this comprehensive 6-session educational program taught over the course of 7 weeks, human companions will gain a complete understanding of the Sama Dog 6 Pillars of Balance, which are the core teachings of our organization and our founder.
Sadly, in this day and age, 1 in 2 dogs succumb to cancer. Lifestyle, food and imbalances all strongly contribute to this risk factor. Throughout this course, you’ll take a deep dive into these various aspects of wellbeing and learn how to strongly influence your dog’s life for the better – as well as your own!
The teachings in this course are rooted in the 5,000-year-old holistic healing system known as Ayurveda. The sister-science to yoga and meditation, Ayurveda is an intuitive, entirely natural and whole-being approach to attaining exceptional overall wellbeing – both human and canine.
The 6 sessions of the program (90-minutes each):
THE SAMA DOG 6 PILLARS OF BALANCE (details of each pillar here)
- Dogs are Multi-Dimensional Beings
- Doshas: Mind-Body Types
- Connection / Communication
- Nutrition / Herbs
- Inner Pharmacy: Balancing through the 5 Senses
- Training / Daily Routine
What you’ll learn:
- Tools for expanded awareness of and connection with your dog’s mind, body and spirit
- A complete understanding of the concepts of Ayurveda as they apply to you and your dog
- Determination of both you and your dog’s unique mind-body type, or Dosha, and how to customize your dog's life to support their unique needs
- The ingredients and standards of dog food options and the unique differences
- A comprehensive, customized holistic nutrition plan that includes herbs and other supplements as needed
- Specific steps and hands-on techniques to guide your dog back to balance using the 5 senses (for example: meditation, yoga, massage, breathing exercises, aromatherapy, flower essence and more)
- Track the progress and changes seen in your dog from the initiation of the course through the 7 weeks
- Wisdom to create your “lifestyle prescription” to support the seamless integration of this information into you and your dog’s lives
Come and join Amanda for light-hearted interactive conversations with a like-minded community. Enjoy learning about Ayurveda and exploring a new way of looking at our best friends. Discover how the principles of Ayurveda, described in this workshop in the context of dogs, are equally applicable to humans, cats, other pets and all life forms.
For dates and locations of this course and to sign up, click here.