The Body, Mind and Spirit of Dogs Workshop
(aka Doshas for Dogs)
We’ve all seen some of the more common symptoms of imbalance in dogs:
- Excessive lethargy, nervousness or aggression
- An inability to calm down or focus
- Persistent or recurring physical ailments
- Depression and/or separation anxiety
- Increased susceptibility to infections and infestations
- Digestive issues such as regular gas, diarrhea or vomiting
This 2-hour workshop introduces you to a new way of understanding the root causes of these issues from a holistic perspective, and provides a framework for guiding your dog back into balance. A balanced dog is a well-understood, well-behaved, healthy and happy dog.
The teachings in this class are rooted in the 5,000-year-old holistic healing system known as Ayurveda. The sister-science to yoga and meditation, Ayurveda is an intuitive, entirely natural and whole-being approach to attaining exceptional overall wellbeing – both human and canine.
What you’ll learn:
- The basic concepts of Ayurveda
- Techniques to apply Ayurvedic principles to your dog
- How to assess your dog’s mind-body type, or Dosha, with a Dog Dosha Quiz
- Tools to recognize how and why your dog is imbalanced and solutions to fix it
- Methods for applying specific tips to help your dog regain and sustain vibrant wellbeing
Included in the workshop:
- A packet and handouts, including information about Ayurveda
- The Dog Dosha Quiz
- Specific suggestions to help your dog become a Sama dog: a balanced, vibrant and happy dog
- Samples of various holistic dog products
Come and join Amanda for a light-hearted interactive conversation with a like-minded community. Enjoy learning about Ayurveda and explore a new way of looking at our best friends. Discover how the principles of Ayurveda, described in this workshop in the context of dogs, are equally applicable to humans, cats, other pets and all life forms.
For dates and locations of this class and to sign up, click here.